Security Guard - Educational Setting (Ottawa) Ontario Job
Date: Jan 17, 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Employment type: Part-Time/ Casual
Salary Range: $14.00 - $15.50 per hour, based on qualifications, performance and contractual obligations. Access to benefits, pension and medical coverage available
Access to public transportation is available
As a site security guard, your primary role is to ensure the safety and security of client holdings, tenants and visitors to the assignment area in a professional, courteous manner.
Conduct foot, vehicle and bicycle patrols
Conduct property inspections
Respond to complaints, emergencies and other types of calls for service
Enforce client and site rules and regulations
Liaison with tenants, guests and clients
Liaison with external partners and agencies
Provide customer service information and awareness
Report writing and detailed note taking
- provide uniformed, physical security to a retail location
- maintain a positive, productive work environment through positive teamwork
- conduct daily functions of the security unit, including patrols, responding to calls for service, report writing and note taking
Monitoring email account
Candidates must demonstrate the following in order to be considered for this position
- Post secondary education in security management and or police foundations or relevant work experience within the security industry
- High school diploma
- First aid certification
- Possession of a valid Ontario security guard license
- Valid driver’s license with clean / clear drivers abstract
- Demonstrated leadership roles in past employment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skillsets
- Available to work shift work, including weekends and possible overnights as required
- advanced knowledge of criminal, provincial and federal laws as they pertain to the security industry
- Strong understanding of use of force and powers of arrest within the scope of the security industry
- Strong understand of security concepts, including CPTED, CCTV, life safety systems and access control systems
- Computer skillsets including composing emails, report writing and other clerical functions
- Strong understanding of evidence and scene management
- Ability to exercise sound judgement under stressful situations
- Ability to understand and protect confidential information
- conduct advanced investigations
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
Garda Canada Security Corp. is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodations during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act
We thank all applicants for their interest in Garda Canada Security Corp. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Segment: Police, Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Part Time
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field