Pre-Board Screening Officer, Part-time - YQT (Thunder Bay) Job
Date: Jul 18, 2014
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
GARDA - CATSA
Screening Officer - Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide customer value continues to differentiate us. Garda is one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
This is a unique chance to team up with the Garda team, one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world.
Would you like to take up exciting challenges, be part of a growing firm, and team up with dynamic colleagues? Now is the time to join one of the fastest growing companies in security!
We are currently hiring Pre-Board Screening Officers for the Thunder Bay Airport in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Screen the traveling public and their luggage before boarding airplanes to ensure no prohibited items enter the secure area that present a threat to aviation
* Provide professional customer service to travelling passenger
* Complete and maintain all training certifications
* To be a positive representative of Garda at all times
* Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident as defined in the Immigration Act with an employment authorization document
* Must be able to pass a background check and investigation
* No previous criminal background in which you have not been pardoned for
* Must have transportation to work during off peak hours
* Must be available for shift work
* Must be 18 years and older
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* Bilingual in French and English (preferred)
* Previous customer service experience, excellent interpersonal skills
* Attention to detail a must, ability to handle stress, great initiative
* Previous security experience an asset
Garda is an equal opportunity employer. Garda offers excellent benefit coverage and a competitive compensation package for the selected candidate.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Garda, however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Job Segment: Part Time, Bilingual
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field