Pre-Board Screening Officers - Part-Time (Thompson) Job
Date: Jan 22, 2015
Location: Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
PRE-BOARD SCREENING OFFICERS
We are currently hiring,
Part-time Pre-Board Screening Officers
for the Thompson Airport.
GardaWorld Aviation Services has been selected by The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) (www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca) to provide pre-board security screening in a number of airports across Canada, ranging from the biggest airport to some of the smallest. We work in a public-private partnership to ensure the safety and security of the travelling public.
You would be responsible for screening passengers, non-passengers and their luggage prior to the boarding of the aircraft.
* Starting wage once certified: $18.13 per hour
* Free parking, training, and uniform
* Excellent benefits after 90 days
* Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident as defined in the Immigration Act with an employment authorization document
* 18 years of age or older
* Able to work shifts
* Have own transportation or access to public transit
* Be a high school graduate (GED accepted)
* Pass an enhanced security background check
* Pass a medical exam
* Be able to identify colour, shapes, forms and features (e.g. X-ray images)
* Have flexibility of motion including:
* Moderate lifting, pulling or pushing of bags/items weighing up to 10kg
* Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time (20 mins - 2 hours)
* Ability to bend, squat or kneel to perform searches
* Ability to reach above/below and level of shoulder for up to 20 mins/hour
* Possess a customer service focus, with ability to interact with travelers and airport employees
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to work with the public and deal with conflict resolution
* A positive and professional attitude
* Ability to work within a structured, highly regulated environment
* Excellent communication skills; fluent in written and oral English
* Ability to maintain task concentration, attention to detail, observation and situational awareness
* Previous security experience is an asset
* French fluency is an asset
* Travel may be required for 5-10% of work time for training and coverage at other bases
GardaWorld is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for some of Canada’s largest retail, industrial and commercial companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
GardaWorld is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Job Segment: Part Time, Bilingual
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field